Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing, full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our colleagues is often rooted in our shared community, which is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives, including a volunteer time program, employee-driven initiatives, and monthly community giving to employee-selected charities. We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in our team’s ability to be successful and maintain a healthy working environment. Through financial literacy programs, fitness classes, a wellness subsidy program, and committee-led initiatives, our colleagues thrive at BOYNECLARKE.
Why this role?
We are seeking a highly attentive professional who is detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, and values a rewarding career contributing to the success of our expanding Business Law team.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
As a Commercial Property Paralegal, your responsibilities will include:
- Completing all tasks relating to the acquisition and sale of commercial property;
- Completing all tasks relating to the financing of commercial properties, both on behalf of lenders and borrowers;
- Preparing checklists and closing agendas for each transaction;
- Reviewing title searches;
- Completing required due diligence such as judgment searches, sub‐searches, Registry of Joint Stock, Property Online, etc.;
- Drafting and editing necessary documentation, including mortgages, deeds, leases, etc.;
- Submitting property migration requests to Migration Department and following up as required;
- Preparing of Statement of Adjustments, Disbursement of Funds, Statement of Account, etc.;
- Processing trust funds and disbursing transaction funds;
- Acting as contact person and fielding of inquiries for clients, banks and lawyers;
- Completing final reporting letters to client and bank; and,
- Preparing required LRA documents and correspondence to applicable LRA Offices.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Graduate of a Paralegal diploma program or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Thorough knowledge of commercial property transactions;
- Familiarity with programs such as Property Online and Registry of Join Stocks considered an asset;
- Exceptional proofreading skills with ability to notice and fix grammatical, typographical, spelling, diction, and formatting errors;
- Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders;
- Aptitude for critical thinking, problem solving, and making sound judgement calls;
- Proven ability to manage time and demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline driven work environment;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and follow instructions with minimal supervision;
- Excellent team player who contributes positively to the team culture; and,
- Adept at using technology such as Outlook and the full Microsoft Office suite, and a talent for learning new computer programs quickly.